With social media marketing becoming a major marketing source in the last decade for small and large businesses alike, it’s safe to say that most of the people have acknowledged its power. While there are many brands who have failed to achieve greatness with social media marketing, there are countless success stories on the internet where social media marketing single handedly change the entire game.
Brands who failed at social media marketing have one thing in common and that is they made a few mistakes along the way and it all went downhill from there. In this article, I’m going to be addressing one of the most common mistakes that new brands do. They spread their efforts thin over multiple social media platforms right from the start. Sometimes they try to market their brand on all the social media platforms when in reality, they only need one or two of them.
If you don’t want to make the same mistake and want to know which platform will best suit your brand’s needs, keep on reading. Here is a breakdown of how you should choose the best social media platform for your brand marketing.
There is a reason that it’s called the social media giant. With over 2 billion monthly active users, it’s where over 25 percent of world population resides. It’s only logical to choose this as your main marketing platform. Its huge user base is not only thing that Facebook has to offer though.
• First of all, Facebook is like where most of the people search for brands if they want to know more about them.
- It has the almost even gender division (53% female, 47% male).
- It has people from all age groups while the largest age demographic is between 25-34 year olds.
- It is the best platform to connect brands and customers from all over the world.
- Its ad plans are affordable compared to other media of advertisements.
- The ad target filters are the most diverse that you will find in any advertisement plan.
- It enables you to sell directly from your Facebook page (no website required).
- It also give you live streaming options if you want to do that.
All of these features make Facebook the most versatile social media marketing platform and it’s a must if you want to have a successful social media marketing campaign.
With Facebook as your primary marketing platform, now it’s time to choose your secondary platform(s). Instagram is a good option for you if you have the means to create high quality photos which are creative and unique on a regular basis. Instagram is all about visual sharing including photos, videos and stories.
The key feature include:
- Just like Facebook, the genders are equally divided (49% female, 51% male).
- The largest age demographic is 19-29 year olds with 30-49 year olds following close behind.
- Its key feature includes the ability to showcase your products and services in a visually appealing manner.
- It has the highest engagement rate (10x more than Facebook).
- It’s also a great way to take people behind the scenes and make your brand a little more personal.
- Its ad plan offers the same vast variety of targeting filters as Facebook.
- It also offers direct messaging if you want to use that.
Snapchat is also a good option but only if you have a huge following on some other social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube etc.). Because if you don’t really have people ready to follow you on Snap, you don’t stand a chance at Snapchat marketing. The cost of its advertisement plans is through the skies. A small business or even a large business can’t afford it.
- So, given that you have people that are ready to follow you, here is what Snap Inc. is good at.
- Young people from the age of 18 to 24 years make up most of the Snapchat user base.
- It is the most personal social media platform out of all of them.
- It lets you communicate in the most realistic way. The photos you share disappear after 10 seconds of viewing them and the stories disappear after 24 hours of sharing.
- The time sensitive nature of the platform makes it great for giving people urgency to use your services, buy your products or follow you if you persuade them with some coupon, discount or some other good reward.
- You may only be able to reach the young people but they are highly engaged.
- It also offers direct messaging, voice calls and audio messaging all inside the app.
Twitter and YouTube:
Twitter is what you should use if you want real time communication. It’s where people go to find other people who can solve their problem in some way. Before Instagram and Snap Inc., It was where people went to stalk their celebrities but now people would rather look at their Instagram feed than their Twitter feed.
YouTube is what you should use if you constantly make videos that are original and unique. It has the potential to increase your brand awareness as well as adding a side income source through YouTube ad revenue sharing program.