You must have seen countless contest on Facebook. It really does not matter what field of business you in, holding a contest is never a bad idea if you want social engagement on your Facebook fan-page. You can hold contests in different ways and choose from a large variety of prizes to offer the winner.
There are certain rules that you have to follow in order to hold a contest on Facebook. Here are a few of Facebook contest guidelines:
• All contests must be promoted through a Page App or Canvas Page.
• Contests must have a release of Facebook by participants; statement that Facebook is not sponsoring, administering or endorsing the contest; disclosure that the entrant is giving their information to your company and not Facebook.
• Entry into the contest cannot be dependent on use of Facebook features such as Liking a specific post, uploading a photo to the wall or leaving a comment. However, Liking the page, connecting to the app or checking in are allowed.
• The Facebook Like button cannot be used as a voting tool.
• Winners cannot be notified through Facebook channels (chat, message, wall post, etc.).
Holding a contest and choosing the prize, however, are two different things. We will discuss how to choose the prize in a future post, but for now, let’s take a look at the different ways that you can hold a Facebook contest.
1- Like to Enter:
This is a really common type of contest. Fans just have to like the contest post (you should pin that post on top of your timeline) to gain entry in the contest by a certain deadline. Then, you get choose a winner randomly through some really good tools like TabSite Timeline Contest App. This is really good way to get a large number of likes on your page.
2- Comment To Enter:
Well, it is essentially the same as the above method but in order for your fans to enter, they will have to comment on your post. This is a good way to get a lot of comments on your page and that’s better than getting just likes because it comments ensure better organic reach.
3- Answer a Question Correctly to Enter:
This is a great way to engage your fans and make them take interest in your brand products and services. Ask them something about your brand like your latest product or something. And you can choose the winner randomly from all of your fans that answered correctly.
4- Photo with Your Product to Enter:
In order to enter in this one, your fans will have to submit a photo of them with your product. Or if you own a hotel or a restaurant or some other place, ask them to submit a photo of them when they are inside your restaurant or hotel or any other place that you own.
5- Give Feedback To Enter:
If you are pretty confident about your brand, you can hold this type of contest. Ask your fans what they think about your certain product, service or your brand in general. You will get all this feedback and it may provide you with really good testimonials for your website. If you get some negative feedback, no problem. You can improve your quality based on that. Choose a winner at random to finish off.
These are just a few ideas to get you started on holding a contest on your Facebook fanpage. If you want to know about what can you offer your fans as a prize, keep a lookout for our follow-up post about the type of prizes that you should or shouldn’t offer your fans.