How to Create A Stellar Instagram Ad
When Instagram was launched in 2010, no one would have thought that it will become such a powerful platform with the highest rate of social media engagement. But now, it has over 400 million users, more than any other social media platform.
Who wouldn’t want to reach out to this many people? At first, Instagram ads were not available to everyone but a few weeks ago, Instagram made advertising available to all the people. So, now that you can choose from 400 million users to target your ad campaign, how can you do it?
Given below are step by step instructions about how you can do just that.
Link Your Instagram account:
The first thing that you will have to do is connect your Instagram account to your business Facebook page. Go to ‘Settings’ on top of your business page. Then, on the left hand side of the page, you will see a tab named ‘Instagram Ads’. There you can link your Instagram account to your Facebook page. Without it, you cannot get as much benefits as you will get otherwise.
Your Ads Manager Account:
You will need to have a Facebook Ads Manager account in order to proceed. If you already have it, log into it. But if you don’t, set it up by following the instructions outlined by AdEspresso.
You cannot create your Instagram ad directly from Facebook Ads Manager. You need to download Power Editor by clicking on the button in the menu right below the ads manager platform. (You need to use Google Chrome in order to use Power Editor because other browsers don’t support it).
From here, Facebook explains perfectly what to do in order to create your Instagram ad in Power Editor:
- In Power Editor, click the Manage Ads tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the left side of the page and then click Create Ad.
- On the Create Ad page, choose whether to use an existing campaign or create a new campaign. Your campaign must use an ad objective that supports Instagram ads. Similarly, choose whether to use an existing ad set or create a new one. Your ad set must have the Instagram placement checked in order for your ad to be eligible to show on Instagram.
- Enter a name for the ad and click Create.
- Complete the details for the ad, including the creative. Keep in mind that details such as audience targeting and bidding are managed at the ad set level for the ad.
- When you’re ready, click Upload Changes to complete your new ad.
If all was done correctly, your ad should be up without any further ado. Good luck!